A little while ago, our friend, we posed a question to our 3,000,000+ person social media community:
What are your favourite quotes to help with depression?
And, right now, we'd like to share some of the responses with you :)
Are you ready?
20 Quotes To Help With Depression
- "Never make a permanent decision based on a temporary emotion."
- "When I’m feeling depressed and anxious I tend to withdraw and isolate myself ... I can’t reach out to those I love and feel worthless and a burden to them. When this happens, I then try to remember: 'your depression is trying to get you alone and then it will try to kill you'. This helps me remember that’s it’s my depression that’s lying to me and keeping me from reaching out to those I love and who love me."
- "I try to remind myself that my current situation is not my final destination. I try to remind myself of the things I've already come through that I thought I would not make it through but I did."
- "Just remember your success rate of getting though bad days is 100%."
- "I have a tattoo of a bow & arrow as a reminder that when life pulls you back, it’s just preparing to launch you into something great."
- "This too shall pass. Got me through the deepest depression I have ever experienced."
- "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13
- "Hit the ground and choose to bounce back. We always have two options in every step of life so always choose to bounce back."
- "You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
- "When my anxiety is really bad, I sing a Bob Marley song in my head over and over again: 'Don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing gonna be alright'."
- "When you feel like you don't have the motivation or energy to do even the most basic of activities, remember that 1% beats 0% ... little wins pave the way for big wins."
- "Normal is a cycle on the washing machine."
- "A psych told me this many years ago and it has kept me going for many years. 'It's ok to feel s**t, give yourself the opportunity to feel s**t, don't fight it!' I learned over the years to give myself care time."
- "Nothing in life is permanent. Don’t let one bad thing ruin your whole day/week/month. If you can’t change it, let it go and move on."
- "Doing the best I can ... as long as I can."
- "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end!"
- "One foot in front of the other. Climb the ladder one step at a time. Believe in yourself, you can do this. The light at the end of the tunnel will come."
- "If you rearrange the letters in depression, you’ll get ‘I pressed on' - meaning your current situation is NOT your final destination."
- "If I am feeling depressed or having a depressive episode, I remind myself that I am NOT my depression. I am more than this."
- "It actually was told to me in a different context but really it works here too: 'never quit on a bad day' ... like wait for a good day and see if you still feel the same. This has really helped me through some things."
We hope you've found one or more of these quotes helpful, our friend.
All our love,
The Depression Project Team.