Does Your Depression Ever Make You Feel Numb?
In early 2022, The Depression Project posed this question to our 2,000,000+ Instagram followers in one of our “stories”. Over 17,000 people responded, and would you like to know how many of them answered yes?
Consequently, because “depression numbness” is so, so common, we created this journal, in order to:
- Help you feel like you’re not alone;
- Help you better understand “depression numbness” – including the reasons why you may be experiencing it in the first place;
- Help you break out of “depression numbness” - so that you can get back to experiencing joy and pleasure from the things that you usually like doing, be able to think clearer and function more effectively, and be in a better position to take the necessary steps to treat your depression.
Here’s A Breakdown Of Exactly What This Journal Will Cover
PART 1: Understanding "Depression Numbness"
In the first part of this journal, we’ll share with you a variety of quotes from members of The Depression Project’s community that describe what “depression numbness” is like - in order to help you feel like you’re not alone.
Additionally, we’ll also explain in detail the reasons why depression can make people feel numb. This is something we believe is extremely important, because:
- “Why does depression make me feel numb?” is a question we’re often asked by members of our community;
- Understanding the reasons why depression can make you feel numb is a necessary first step towards breaking out of numbness.
Furthermore, to accompany this section of the journal, we’ll also share with you a handful of guided journal prompts for you to think about and write out your response to - in order to help you reflect on and better understand your own experience of “depression numbness”, and the different factors that may be contributing to it.
PART 2: Breaking Out Of "Depression Numbness"
In the second part of this journal, we’re going to share with you a wide variety of tried, tested strategies to help you break out of “depression numbness”. In particular, these strategies will include:
- Strategies shared with us by members of The Depression Project’s community that they use to break out of “depression numbness”;
- Additional strategies to break out of “depression numbness” that are grounded in polyvagal theory and cognitive behavioural therapy (whether “traditional” CBT, or one of its specialised forms such as dialectical behavioural therapy, for example).
Additionally, we'll also share a variety of journal prompts for you to write out your response to - each of which are designed to help you implement the strategies that we'll share with you as effectively as possible.
Additionally, If You Order This Journal Now, Then You'll Also Get Three Bonus Audio Tracks Absolutely Free!
FAQ #1: Why should I be confident this journal will help me?
This journal is grounded in polyvagal theory - a well-known nueroscientific concept established by renowned scientist and professor Dr Stephen Porges - and also contains many elements of cognitive behavioural therapy as well - which is a leading form of treatment for depression, anxiety, panic attacks, phobias, personality disorders, and a wide range of other mental health issues.
Additionally, this journal is also written with the warmth, care, encouragement and insight that, with 3,000,000+ followers on social media, The Depression Project has become renowned for :)
FAQ #2: What format does this journal come in?
This journal comes in PDF Format - which you will be able to download instantly after purchase, and then print off at your home, office or local printer :)
FAQ #3: What if I give this journal a try but I don't like it?
We're extremely, extremely confident that you're going to find this journal immensely helpful. But, just in case you don't, you're protected by The Depression Project's 60 Day, No-Questions-Asked, 100% Moneyback Guarantee - to completely put your mind at ease.
If you have any questions about this journal, then please feel free to click here and contact us so that someone from our friendly team can answer them for you :)
Otherwise, we hope you choose to get this journal, because we know that you're going to find it really, really helpful!
All our love,
The Depression Project Team.