When you're fighting depression, there are various signs that you may be in survival mode.
And, it's important that you know what these signs are, so that if you are in survival mode, you can prioritise taking care of yourself and getting the help you need.
On that note, our friend, in this blog post, we'd like to share several of these signs with you.
Are you ready?
Signs You May Be In "Depression Survival Mode"
- Letting go of healthy habits you once had the capacity to prioritise (such as exercising, for example);
- Snapping "easily" / breaking down over something small;
- Struggling to engage in conversation / becoming emotionally distant;
- Prioritising "immediate" comfort at the expense of your long-term health and well-being (such as by "comfort eating", for example, or by over-spending on "retail therapy");
- Getting tired much, much quicker than you otherwise would;
- Feeling like you're "existing" rather than "living" (i.e. being in "auto-pilot" mode for prolonged periods of time).
If you can relate, then please know that you are not alone, and that we're sending you lots of love, strength and encouragement.
All our love,
The Depression Project Team.